Monday, August 23, 2010

EOC: Ch. 6 Discussion Questions

1. Does A&F reinvent its brand strategy every year through its product assortment? Is it successful? Why or Why not?


I think they keep the same strategy every year. They really don’t span away from their normal assortment of merchandise. I think they use the same strategy and it does work for them.


2.
How does A&F brand its products? Do you think its brand practices are successful?

They brand it on their t-shirts, images, on the consumers who wear the merchandise. They brand every inch of the store to the associates. They are successful because I always see bags leaving the store, but I do feel they discriminate towards consumers who don’t necessarily fit the “A&F” desired mode.


3.
How do retail store atmospherics such as music, fragrance, lighting, store props, and retail brand associates strengthen a brand message? How do they weaken it?


The music is blaring and the fragrance is strong so that initially brings you in and then they have most of the time associates right at the door to welcome you in. But I think the music and definitely the fragrance is horrible. I walk right past this store, I dislike the store, and I know for a fact when I used to go into the store I would get staring associates eyes on me. It was a discriminating look as to think why am I stepping foot into A&F. I think this store sucks.


4.
What feelings or emotions do you experience when you enter an A&F store? Do you think A&F tries to intimidate its customers by using extremely attractive models?


Most of the models or if you can even call them that are ugly so they definitely are not intimidating; that is intimidating are the associates who stare at you with disgust. That is intimidating. I never walk into this store anymore. The smell alone you can smell a mile away and it’s disgusting, gives me a migraine. And I think the people who work in there are fake. But even the merchandise is nothing spectacular; Basic tees and jeans, really nothing to get all excited and worked up about.

No comments:

Post a Comment