Wednesday, August 11, 2010

EOC: Exercise Ch. 5


It is time for some self- reflection by answering the following questions:

What are your professional plans for the future?

When I think of my professional future plans I see myself in a Special Events office or a Public Relations office. I have taken an interest in these two specific genres of fashion because they spoke to me as a great experience and hard work. I would rather work hard and be busy than stand around and fold shirts all day in a retail environment.


How do you intend to make those plans happen?

I have already started contacting these companies and I am planning something out with the supervisors of those companies to see if I can help with any events that they planning and if any new releases need help. What got me even more excited or intrigued was with Preferred PR and the president enthusiasm in this business.

"We're very focused," Silvestri, the company's president and owner, said. "We like to position our clients as experts in their respective industries. We want reporters to feel comfortable calling them whenever a story comes up. We try as hard as we can to put their brand name out there."(http://www.lvbusinesspress.com/articles/2008/01/14/section_two/iq_18922550.txt)

Pacific Events plan for all types of occasions which is great because you can dabble in all the different areas of event planning.


"The art of creating a special event has come a long way in the past several years. Today's event industry demands a combination of technology and experience in order to bring your entire event package together."
(http://www.pacificevents.com/110.htm)

What stumbling blocks do you think you will have to clear along the way?

I will have to work hard for a few years or months to be able to work my way up in the industry. I may not get the desired overall pay but will have to negotiate ad work up to that as well. I will have to beat out all others interested in the position I desire. How long do you think it will take to reach your goals? I don’t think it will take me long at all. I feel when I graduate I will be at one of these firms within 3 months or less. I have the driving force that will help me achieve all my goals and make my future plans a present reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment