Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Step 1: What I Want to Produce

After much contemplation I have decided to produce t-shirts/tank tops. Not just any t-shirts, but signature t-shirts with phrases yours truly has come up with. I want them to be unique and distinguishable to my future consumers. “A t-shirt, pair of jeans, sweatshirt, khaki pants, baseball cap, even a pair of shoes can be dull and indistinguishable without the help of fashion branding.”(Brand Story, Joseph Hancock, pg.5)

I am producing these t-shirts/tank tops with my consumer in mind. Thinking of myself as the consumer I fully want to understand what is it that I and others like me would want from a shirt. “The theory of simultaneous adoption of fashion suggests that garments enter all levels of the consumer market with variations in quality and price line in order to accommodate consumer spending.”(Brand Story, Joseph Hancock, pg. 13) I want to make these shirts with the ease of affordability to my consumers. Shirts now a days are getting expensive for what l believe as “not worth it” and I want these shirts to make you feel comfortable, happy, and just an overall “FUN” experience. “During the 1960’s a fashion language of sorts was developed. According to French philosopher Roland Barthes, clothing garments are created and stylized in the design process to suit current fashion.” (Brand Story, Joseph Hancock, pg. 17)

These signature t- shirts/tank tops will be available to all cultures and levels of society. We are not geared to just middle class, or Generation Y consumers. We are here to produce easy, fun shirts that anyone can wear if they so choose. “De-differentiation suggests blurring of high and low cultures.” (Brand Story, Joseph Hancock, pg. 21)

Don’t be afraid of what comes out of this new product; just be excited to be a part of it. Fun, easy and affordable and best part of all not geared to a specific gender, person, or social status. We want all parts of life to enjoy our signature t-shirts/tank tops.

No comments:

Post a Comment