Wednesday, September 1, 2010

EOC: Ch 8 Discussion Questions

1.Why do consumers feel such a close attachment to their bags?

Consumers get attached to things they purchase and when you carry a bag for so long that holds your personal and miscellaneous things you grow an attachment with it.


2.What is your favorite brand of bag, briefcase, or backpack, and why? How does this brand reflect your personality? Do you think you will ever switch to a different brand?


I honestly do not have a favorite brand. I tend to have bags that are designer and bags that you can get at the swap meet. I love to have different styles and brands, because I ted to change them every few days or weeks. I always switch therefore I will probably switch again.


3.Now that you have read this chapter, go to www.dantebeatrix.com and explain how the company has evolved. What is the latest news? How do you think the line reflects current fashion?

They now have bags for all types of occasions with crazy fun graphics, playful but still functional as well. They are combining with back to school and Disney, offering cute t-shirts, backpacks for the kids. I think it reflects a certain market for current fashion. People love fun different things and this brand gives it to them. Everything can be either for an adult or child.


4.Why do you think Dante Beatrix is so successful with the company’s ideas to pursue graphic design instead of just focusing on bag design? Is branding the key element that drives you to purchase a bag, briefcase, or backpack? Look at a bag you have now. Is it designer? What is the brand? What features really make it special, or is it really just the name that makes it unique? Describe your answers in detail.


They keep their designs simple and people enjoy designs on their items. Any one can make just another leather bag but to place a cute graphic or funky letters on it changes the bag and its now unique and gives the consumer something they can reflect their personal style into. I personally don’t care about brands of any kind. The bag I have now is a designer handbag. I like the polka dot print on it, plus it’s a big bag so I can load a bunch of my miscellaneous junk in it. It came with a matching change purse and inside they have an inside pocket, to small half pockets( for the cell phone, etc.) and they have pen holders. This bag came with everything I could use and if I didn’t have use for the pocket at the beginning I sure found use for it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment